Under the mutual agreement, a new student has the right, once a year, to transfer his or her university housing contract without penalty between units participating in the mutual program (Private Certified Housing Institutions and Certified Brotherhoods and Sisters). The form is available on our website forms and documents. Students who can relocate more than once are not taken into account as part of the mutual agreement and are subject to prior contractual obligations. Students who live in university accommodation or private Greek certified accommodation/units have the option to move at selected times during the academic year. This option applies to all residents of University Housing. As part of the mutual agreement, you can terminate your university housing contract to move at certain times of the year to a certified private housing unit designated according to the published procedure. The student can also switch from certified private accommodation or Greek units to the university`s residence system. Students applying to enter a certified unit for the fall semester must submit the request to release the mutual agreement before the day of withdrawal. For the spring semester, residents must submit the request to release the mutual agreement before November 15.

Applications can be obtained from the offices of the area/hall or on the housing website. In some cases, you may terminate your contract with a private certified residential facility to enter into a contract with University Housing or vice versa. The deadline for applications for beginner students for the fall semester expires on August 20, 2020. The reciprocal form is available on the Forms and Documents page. The University Housing Contract is an explicit legal document – an agreement between the student and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. The treaty should be read carefully. All questions relating to this contract should only be directed to the Housing Information Office at (217) 333-7111 or housing@illinois.edu. Other staff members are not trained in the interpretation of the housing contract.

As noted in Section 3c of the Housing Agreement, Hallmarks` rules are part of a resident`s contractual relationship with University Housing. The rules help create fair rights and services for current and future residents. A handwritten or electronic signature on the residence contract is in accordance with the legal agreement, the provisions of the contract and the provisions of this manual. Residents also have a responsibility to live within the standards of the university`s student code. The student code is available at the Dean of Students Office, 300 Student Services Building gymnasts, or you can read it online….